News

Upcoming raids:
Sunday, June 9th, 2019 @ 6:00pm EST
Monday, June 10th, 2019 @ 8:00pm EST
Sunday, June 16th, 2019 @ 6:00pm EST
Monday, June 17th, 2019 @ 8:00pm EST
Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 @ 6:00pm EST
Monday, June 24th, 2019 @ 8:00pm EST

Buyen Save - Legendary Bard of Brell ( All Bards are legends in their own mind)

Buyen · 322

Buyen

• Silent Rookie
    • View Profile
I am shocked and amazed SR is still around. And from what I hear , still slaying for elite pixels! :D

I am considering kicking it on live again. Been slumming on P99 for some years. The lack of AA is disturbing. Omens and GoD were pretty much the end of my career. Fiddled with Dragons of Norrath a bit but not for long. I have missed so much in all these expansions.
I have no idea if my old account/toons even exist anymore. My titanium disc install points to Sony for eqhost.txt. I could use some copy paste love for the daybreak ip/port.

I m considering just playing some cazic and workin the bard again. With missing so much maybe just hit up the new progression server. Penny for your thoughts on this.

I hope it is ok hitting you guys up for a little tech support, and maybe.. just maybe... there are some old school folks still around? One person that sticks out was Umpy the baddest of all ogre warriors. In my aging and fading memories, he still shines.

If anyone plays on p99 was well, i have no doubt we have crossed paths.

Much respect and best regards,
                Buyen Save
                67 Bard of Brell (Cazic)

Ryino

• Class Leaders
  • Silent Resident
    • View Profile
You probably want to do a fresh install from the EQ website. Haven't seen Umpy in a long time, but there are some old school people still around.

Buyen

• Silent Rookie
    • View Profile
Cant do a fresh install from website. They want me to install some sort of spyware called Windows. Once i get the ip for eqhost.txt, the patcher will actually connect and update and patch 15 expanions and update the updater. . The Daybreak patcher executable doesnt quite work. I am fiddling with WINE versions with it.
Tried contacting customer support about my old account.... needless to say they make it as difficult as possible to even contact them... SMH.

Ryino

• Class Leaders
  • Silent Resident
    • View Profile
There isn't much support and from what I hear they don't do much to help you retrieve old accounts. You might get lucky though if you still have access to your original email address for the account.

Sirene

• Class Leaders
  • Silent Recruit
    • View Profile
You might get some help from other people using WINE on the EQ forums. For your old account, I think CS is slammed right now as EQ has had a lot of server outages recently, but they will help. The website does kind of suck to log in/out of.

As for progression servers, the experience can be fun but they are rife with RMT these days compared to old EQ. Most returning players like them. Live servers aren't bad in that respect, but the game is harder to learn and you'll be mostly alone at lower levels. TLPs are a long, slow, path to the modern game where jumping into Live is shorter, but a steep climb you do mostly alone (or if you're lucky, someone helps you).

Buyen

• Silent Rookie
    • View Profile
There isn't much support and from what I hear they don't do much to help you retrieve old accounts. You might get lucky though if you still have access to your original email address for the account.

I know the username and password for Sony log in. And no i do not have the email access for what is on the account. I was hoping the Sony log in would be enough.

Goburs

• SR Members
  • Silent Resident
    • View Profile
Not even close sadly. They will want that, possibly the original CC #, and who knows what else by now.

Best bet is to start over if it's been that long. Download from the EQ website, and make a new character or heroic.

Buyen

• Silent Rookie
    • View Profile
Not even close sadly. They will want that, possibly the original CC #, and who knows what else by now.

Best bet is to start over if it's been that long. Download from the EQ website, and make a new character or heroic.

Yes that appears to be what i will have to do.

I am exploring Lutris. It is a playonlinelinux type software. I think i have my issues figured out. And will hopefully have it done this weekend. Not that i know what a heroic character is lol.
Does SR have a guest portion on Discord? When i get up and running, I could really use a briefing about what is going to be different. I know freeport got revamped, i saw that before i was done during Dragons expansion. I am assumimg even on a progression server, freeport will start revamped. Along with some other changes that occured later. I am assuming it will not be anywhere near live like as P99.